The Home windows utility error 0xc000007b is a irritating subject that stops customers from launching purposes, video games, and packages. It may be disruptive, because it interferes along with your work and different actions, however thankfully, is straightforward to repair. This information explores some efficient options that may allow you to resolve this error and get your purposes working once more easily.
Good to know: Home windows troubleshooter not working? Learn to get it working once more.
1. Set up/Reinstall Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable Packages
A number of purposes on Home windows require Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable Packages – a group of runtime elements – to operate correctly. These elements embody libraries, DLLs (Dynamic Hyperlink Libraries), and different important information that present the mandatory runtime help for the purposes that rely on them.
If these packages are lacking, corrupted or outdated, you might be prone to run into points whereas attempting to launch purposes.
Putting in or reinstalling Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable Packages can be sure that the mandatory elements can be found in your system, which can assist resolve utility error 0xc000007b.
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Kind “management” in Run and click on Enter.
- Within the Management Panel, head to “Uninstall a program” beneath “Applications.”
- Find the “Microsoft Visible C++ package deal” (there could be multiple) and right-click on it.
- Select “Uninstall” and comply with the on-screen directions to finish the uninstallation.
- Comply with the identical steps to uninstall all Microsoft Visible C++ packages.
- Open the Run dialog once more and sort “cmd” within the textual content discipline. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Immediate as an administrator.
- Click on “Sure” within the Consumer Account Management immediate.
- Kind the next command in Command Immediate and press Enter to execute it. It is going to clear up the part retailer.
Dism.exe /on-line /Cleanup-Picture /StartComponentCleanup
- Obtain all variations of Microsoft Visible C++ packages from right here.
- Click on on the downloaded file, and within the following dialog, test “I conform to the license phrases and circumstances.”
- Click on on the “Set up” button and make sure your motion within the Consumer Account Management immediate.
- Await the packages to put in, then restart your laptop.
- Hopefully, the focused utility will launch with none points.
Tip: points with the .NET Framework also can result in an “Unhandled Exception Has Occurred in Your Software” error. Be taught what to do about it.
2. Set up .NET Framework
Many purposes require particular variations of the .NET Framework to run. If the app you are attempting to entry requires a .NET framework model that’s outdated or lacking, it will probably trigger the error.
Putting in/reinstalling the .NET framework could be a easy repair. This can be sure that the mandatory elements can be found in your system, resolving any compatibility points within the course of.
- Press Win + S to open the Home windows Search utility.
- Kind “Flip Home windows options on or off” within the search bar and click on “Open.”
- Within the following window, test the field related to “.NET Framework 3.5” and “.NET Framework 4.8.”
- Click on “OK” and anticipate the set up to finish.
- Verify whether or not the issue is fastened.
3. Set up DirectX
The problem also can happen if there’s a compatibility downside between the focused utility and the put in model of DirectX in your system.
DirectX is a group of utility programming interfaces (APIs) that permit the system to speak with multimedia gadgets, like sound playing cards, graphics playing cards, and recreation controllers. If the applying you are attempting to entry depends on particular options or DirectX APIs which can be lacking, this system will return the 0xc000007b error. Comply with these steps to put in the DirectX module to repair any such compatibility points:
- Obtain the DirectX installer from the Microsoft web page.
- Launch the downloaded file and comply with the on-screen directions to proceed with the set up.
- Verify whether or not the problem has been resolved.
Tip: if it’s essential to conceal delicate apps from prying eyes in your Home windows PC, we present you the way.
4. Run the Software as an Administrator
The focused utility might also fail to launch resulting from inadequate privileges or entry rights to sure information that it requires to run correctly. To make sure the applying has adequate permissions to work, strive working it as an administrator.
- Proper-click on the app you are attempting to run.
- Select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Click on “Sure” within the Consumer Account Management immediate.
5. Run an SFC Scan
Corruption errors or lacking information within the system may cause numerous purposes and packages to malfunction.
To repair this, use the System File Checker utility to scan for and restore any corrupt system information. The utility checks important information for potential points and replaces any defective information with their cached counterparts.
FYI: comply with the steps right here to put in or uninstall packages utilizing the Home windows Bundle Supervisor.
6. Reinstall the Software
The applying may also be coping with a corruption error itself, stopping it from functioning correctly.
In case you are encountering the applying error whereas attempting to entry a single program, and the opposite purposes within the system are working positive, then strive reinstalling the focused utility. This can repair any inconsistencies inside the utility, in addition to substitute any lacking or corrupted information or elements which may be contributing to the problem.
- Open Management Panel as proven above and head to “Uninstall a program” beneath “Applications.”
- Find the focused app and right-click on it.
- Select “Uninstall” and comply with the on-screen directions to proceed with the uninstallation.
- Reinstall the app and test whether or not you should use it with none points.
Tip: strive one in all these instruments to delete momentary information and stop your PC from slowing down.
7. Reinstall Home windows
If in case you have come this far with out a answer fixing your subject, then the issue could also be associated to deeper system troubles that can not be resolved utilizing standard troubleshooting strategies.
Contemplate reinstalling Home windows, which is able to wipe the onerous drive and can help you begin from scratch, eliminating any persistent points that had been inflicting the error. This answer, nonetheless, needs to be the final resort, and we suggest contemplating it solely if in case you have exhausted all different choices.
It’s also vital to notice that this course of could be advanced and time-consuming, so it’s extremely really useful to again up your important knowledge earlier than you proceed.
We hope that the steps outlined on this information helped you repair utility error 0xc000007b. To stop such annoying errors from occurring sooner or later, we suggest putting in the most recent system updates, downloading purposes from trusted sources, and updating your drivers.
Picture credit score: Unsplash. All screenshots and alterations by Zainab Falak.