Count on your viewers to not be very impressed when you’ve got a generic Google Slides presentation. They’re used to seeing related data on-line, and this makes it troublesome so that you can get via to them. Ship your level successfully by studying how one can make Google Slides extra pleasing to the attention on this information.
Tip: have already got a great-looking presentation? Learn to extract photographs from Google Slides or PowerPoint.
The right way to Make Google Slides Look Good
Whereas the definition of a “handsome presentation” could be very subjective, there are some benchmarks you could confer with. The next eight ideas can enhance the looks of your Google Slides presentation:
1. Select the Proper Slide Format
Place your images and textual content at optimum places on a slide in order that your viewers can learn and eat the small print you’re presenting with out trouble. However the place are these “optimum places”? That’s the place slide layouts come into play.
If you add a brand new slide to a Google Slides presentation, you’ve gotten an choice to decide on a structure. The layouts are preset with picture placeholders, textual content bins, title bins, and related parts. You simply must insert your content material.
Discover the slide layouts by clicking the downward arrow beside the “New slide” button within the toolbar. Select certainly one of these widespread (however efficient) slide layouts:
- Part header: use this structure to separate your content material into completely different sections. It additionally helps your viewers perceive if you’re transitioning to a different matter.
- Title and physique: that is prone to be the structure you utilize most frequently in your presentation. Use it to current an thought with supporting bullet factors.
- One column textual content: this structure is nice to make use of if you need to insert a supporting photograph beside a textual content field.
- Caption: Generally an image can convey extra which means than a slide full of textual content. For full-screen images, the caption slide is the most suitable choice.
- Huge quantity: when presenting essential figures and statistics, this structure will assist ship a greater impression amongst your audiences.
Good to know: learn to add a chart to your Google Slides presentation.
2. Use an Applicable Coloration Scheme
Colours play an important function in setting the temper of your presentation. In the event you select the improper shade scheme, you might not be capable of ship your level clearly. Worse, your viewers may get distracted in case you select cheesy colours.
Take into account the context and viewers of your presentation when selecting a shade scheme:
- Monochrome for formal situations: when delivering keynote shows, pitch decks, and different enterprise studies, use colours that look extra formal. Take into account black and white themes or incorporate various shades of blue so as to add visible curiosity to your slides.
- Vibrant themes for the creatives: in case you’re operating a inventive studio or making a presentation associated to advertising, think about using extra vibrant colours. Be sure you discover the best mix to showcase your individual inventive talents.
- Make the most of your model colours: if you wish to showcase your services or products in your Google Slides, why not use your model’s colours? This could give extra emphasis to your merchandise and enhance model consciousness.
Other than the suitable slide colours, bear in mind to use your chosen shade scheme to different parts as properly. Be certain that the colour of your textual content contrasts properly with the background for optimum readability. Merely put, use light-colored fonts for darkish backgrounds and vice versa.
3. Select a Font Based mostly on Utility
When deciding on fonts, contemplate wanting up font psychology on the Internet. Principally, it exhibits how completely different types of fonts can evoke emotion or tone amongst individuals. The next are the three main font classes:
- Serif: use this when delivering formal shows, particularly in tutorial and company functions. Examples embrace EB Garamond, Lora, and Roboto Serif.
- Sans serif: for extra informal functions, use a sans serif font, resembling Arial, Lexend, and Work Sans.
- Script: if you wish to showcase your creativity, resembling for artwork shows and advertising pitches, a script font could also be extra acceptable. Examples are Caveat, and Lobster. You can too go for a “hand-drawn” font, resembling Amatic.
Whichever you select, use solely two to a few fonts in your Google Slides presentation. This fashion, you present sufficient visible curiosity to your slides and keep away from making them look cheesy. Pairing serif and sans-serif fonts for the title and physique textual content is a good way to begin.
Keep in mind to experiment with the font sizes, too. Set up a visible hierarchy utilizing larger fonts for headers and smaller fonts for the small print.
Good to know: use these instruments to establish fonts in photographs.
4. Insert Infographics
Infographics present a extra attention-grabbing and significant technique to current your information in comparison with plain textual content. Since there are graphics and visible cues concerned, your viewers can eat the content material extra intuitively (like in a course of movement diagram).
Google Slides gives quite a few sorts of diagrams, from grids to cycle charts. Whichever you select, be certain that it matches the set of data that you simply’re presenting. For instance, you should utilize a timeline chart when presenting the milestone years of your model.
So as to add an infographic in Google Slides, go to “Insert -> Diagram.” Choose your most well-liked chart, and edit as wanted.
5. Embed Movies and GIFs
Movies are nice supporting supplies in your presentation, particularly if you’re discussing complicated matters. You will have two supply choices right here: YouTube and Google Drive.
Inserting a Video From YouTube:
- Go to YouTube and discover the video that you simply need to insert.
- Click on the “Share” button.
- Select “Copy.”
- Return to your Google Slides presentation.
- Go to “Insert -> Video.”
- Click on the search bar on the prime, and paste the hyperlink that you simply copied.
- Choose the end result that seems.
- Click on the “Insert” button.
Inserting a Video From Google Drive:
If you wish to use movies that you’ve beforehand recorded or ones you downloaded from Fb, add them to your Google Drive account first, then insert them into your slides as instructed beneath:
- Go to your account on Google Drive, and choose your video.
- Proper-click on the video, then select “Share -> Copy hyperlink.”
- Return to your presentation.
- Select “Insert -> Video.”
- Swap to the “Google Drive” tab, then paste the hyperlink you copied to the search bar on the prime.
- Click on “Insert” to complete.
When utilizing a video in your presentation, do not forget that it’s solely supporting materials. Be certain that it lasts not more than two minutes on a slide. Hold the variety of video clips to a most of three in your total presentation, too.
For brief clips that span only some seconds, we suggest utilizing GIFs as an alternative. They’re a lot lighter in storage than movies and could be simply as efficient. You possibly can add one by selecting “Insert -> Picture” within the menu bar.
Whichever supply you like to make use of is as much as you. You possibly can seek for images on-line in an app, add them out of your drive or native storage, or copy and paste the URL of your picture.
Tip: operating out of house on Drive? Learn to delete information from Google Drive to achieve extra room.
6. Add Animations and Transitions
Utilizing animations and transitions could make your Google Slides extra engaging and pleasurable. They make your presentation seem much less static and may assist with the pacing of your dialogue.
When including them to your slides, be certain that they’re uniform all through. For animations, it’s good to make use of as much as two types. For transitions, apply a single impact to each slide to not threat distracting your viewers. Observe the steps beneath so as to add animations and transitions:
- Go to “Slide,” and choose “Transition.”
- Choose your most well-liked impact within the aspect panel underneath “Slide Transition.”
- Regulate its velocity as needed.
- Click on “Apply to all slides.”
- Beneath “Object Animations,” choose the impact you need to apply to your textual content or object.
- Preview your transition and/or animation utilizing the “Play” button.
Observe: we suggest that you simply keep away from utilizing the “Spin” animation for regular textual content, as it may be distracting. This additionally applies to the “Flip,” “Dice,” and “Gallery” transitions.
Associated: need to whiz alongside extra rapidly when creating your presentation? Take a look at these Google Slides keyboard shortcuts.
After attracting your viewers’s consideration, go a step additional to maintain them engaged. The most effective options that you should utilize in Google Slides is the Q&A software. Observe these steps to implement it:
- Click on the “Slideshow” button within the top-right nook of your display screen.
- Select the Extra icon (vertical three dots) within the lower-left nook.
- Choose “Q & A” from the listing.
- Alternatively, press the “A” key in your keyboard.
- Click on “Begin new.”
You possibly can allow this software from the very begin of your presentation. There can be a hyperlink displayed on prime of the presenter display screen the place your viewers can ship their questions and issues. This hyperlink works till you disable it or your presentation ends.
The questions will pool within the Q&A software as your presentation progresses. Be certain that you allot time to deal with them. You could find the questions in the identical tab because the steps above.
8. Use Google Slides Templates
Given our ideas, you in all probability understand that making a visually interesting presentation consumes a lot effort and time. You might need to use a Google Slides template to save lots of time for different duties.
Templates already comply with a structured format, from the design parts to the structure. Simply insert your content material, and customise the template to your wants.
FYI: make it academic on your youngsters by making a easy flash card recreation in Google Slides.
A superb-looking presentation doesn’t simply impress your viewers – it additionally ensures that your level comes throughout. To create an efficient Google Slides presentation, think about using preset layouts and templates, and choose the best colours and font types to correctly set the temper of your presentation.
Infographics, movies, and different visible cues would even be useful. And to prime it off, think about using the Q&A software to maintain your viewers engaged.
Need to study extra? Check out these 10 Google Slides tricks to prevent time.
Picture credit score: Unsplash. All screenshots by Princess Angolluan.