Ever marvel what a few of the icons imply in your Apple Watch? Every of these tiny coloured symbols has a which means, however it could be tough to maintain observe of all of them. Keep on high of the alerts and indicators with our fast information to Apple Watch icons.
Apple Watch Icons and Symbols Defined
The icons seem on the high of your Apple Watch face or within the Management Middle. These helpful symbols hold you updated on totally different actions and happenings together with your Apple Watch and in your life.
Whether or not it’s simpler to narrate to them by shade or icon, we’ve included each for you under.
- Blue padlock: your Apple Watch is locked. Faucet the display screen, and enter your passcode to unlock it.
- Pink dot: an alert image which means you’ve gotten notifications. Swipe down from the highest of the display screen to see your notifications.
- Pink lightning bolt: your battery is low. It is best to cost your Apple Watch to proceed utilizing it.
- Inexperienced lightning bolt: your Apple Watch is charging, so that you’ll see it when your Watch is on its charger.
- Yellow icon (circle): lets that your Apple Watch is in Low Energy mode. Open “Settings -> Battery” to show Low Energy mode off or on.
- Pink rectangle with line: your iPhone isn’t related to your Apple Watch. If obligatory, transfer your units nearer to one another or guarantee Airplane Mode is disabled.
- Inexperienced rectangle: your iPhone is related to your Apple Watch. You may even see this show on the high of the Management Middle.
- Orange airplane: your Apple Watch is in Airplane mode, which turns off wi-fi options whilst you’re in flight. Open the Management Middle, and faucet the “Airplane” icon to show this mode off or on once more.
- Blue Wi-Fi icon: your Apple Watch is related to a Wi-Fi community somewhat than your iPhone.
- Inexperienced bars: in case you have an Apple Watch GPS + Mobile mannequin, you’ll see this image once you’re related to a mobile community.
- Pink X: additionally for these with an Apple Watch GPS + Mobile mannequin, you’ll see this icon once you lose the connection to your mobile community.
- Inexperienced-blue mattress: your Apple Watch is in Sleep Mode, which makes use of the schedule you arrange in your iPhone to trace your sleep patterns.
- Purple moon: Do Not Disturb is enabled. You’ll hear alarms you’ve set when utilizing this mode however received’t hear or see calls or alerts. When you use a particular Focus mode, you’ll see this icon as nicely.
- Orange masks (two faces) icon: your Apple Watch is in Theater Mode. This mode additionally locations your Watch on silent and retains the display screen darkish till you faucet the display screen, press a button, or flip the Digital Crown. Open the Management Middle, and faucet the “Masks” icon to show this mode on or off.
- Aqua water drop: you’ve gotten Water Lock enabled and can’t entry the display screen by tapping, which is helpful throughout a swim. Press and maintain the Digital Crown to show off this mode.
- Blue arrow: your Apple Watch just lately used Location Providers. This will show after utilizing the Maps app for navigation or permitting one other app to entry your location.
- Orange microphone: your Apple Watch is listening to you. You might be giving Siri a command or recording a voice memo.
- Yellow radio: you’ve gotten the Walkie-Talkie app turned on. Faucet to ship and obtain messages, simply as you’ll with a handheld walkie-talkie.
Good to know: use your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac in case you have a passcode enabled.
Apple Watch Management Middle Icons
Whereas the icons within the Apple Watch Management Middle will range, relying on which gadgets you add to it, the checklist under consists of the symptoms you might even see. When a service or mode is lively, you’ll see the icon highlighted or coloured in. When a mode is turned off, the icon is grey. The Apple Watch on the left has no lively toggles. The Apple Watch on the proper has Theater Mode and Silent Mode enabled.
In case your Watch is related to your iPhone (inexperienced rectangle), and you’ve got an accessibility function enabled (particular person in a circle), you’ll see each of those icons on the high of the display screen. You may as well faucet them for particulars, as proven under.
- Padlock: faucet this to lock your Apple Watch.
- Mobile: use this icon on Apple Watch fashions with mobile to show mobile on or off.
- Wi-Fi: blue means you’re related to your Wi-Fi community, and grey means you’re disconnected.
- Airplane: Use this icon to show Airplane mode on or off.
- Proportion: exhibits your Apple Watch battery stage. Faucet the icon to see extra particulars about your battery.
- Shaking iPhone: use it to ping your iPhone out of your Apple Watch. It performs a sound and shows a light-weight in your iPhone, permitting you to seek out it simply.
- Flashlight: use it to show in your flashlight. You’ll see a vibrant white display screen to assist in darkish environments.
- Moon: faucet it to decide on a Focus mode or enter Do Not Disturb mode. You may even see further icons for particular Focus modes you arrange, reminiscent of a Private or Work Focus.
- Masks: use it to show Theater Mode on or off.
- Audio: faucet it to decide on your audio output, reminiscent of Bluetooth headphones or a speaker.
- Ear: use it to test your Bluetooth headphones quantity.
- Water drop: faucet it to show the Water Lock on or off.
- Bell: use it to show Silent mode on or off.
- Bell with bars: faucet to show Announce Notifications on your AirPods on or off. When enabled, Siri publicizes incoming notifications, even together with your iPhone locked.
- Radio: use it to show the Walkie-Talkie app on or off.
- Raised hand: faucet to show Schooltime mode on or off on supported Apple Watch fashions. This mode helps you focus with a particular Watch face and restricted utilization throughout a set schedule.
- Letters: use it to vary the textual content dimension in your Apple Watch display screen.
- Individual in a circle: faucet to show Accessibility Shortcuts on or off, reminiscent of decreasing movement.
Tip: venturing out into the unknown? Make sure to activate the Backtrack function in your Apple Watch to seek out your method again, even if you’re off the grid.
Look and Go
The icons you see in your Apple Watch are handy indicators that allow you to know what’s occurring at a look. Whether or not you obtain a brand new notification, have Do Not Disturb turned on, or have to cost your Watch, you possibly can see what you want rapidly with an icon. For different fundamentals, uncover our newbie’s information to navigating your Apple Watch.
Picture credit score: Pixabay. All screenshots by Sandy Writtenhouse.