The Android platform is synonymous with Google. As quickly as you unwrap your Android cellphone, the very first thing Google desires is so that you can register along with your Google account and sync up. However perhaps you don’t need to always be watched over by Google – in your cellphone or your PC. Or perhaps your cellphone’s been stolen, and also you need to make further certain nobody can entry your knowledge (although a PIN ought to actually be your first line of protection). No matter your state of affairs, this tutorial explains how one can log off of your Google account on cellular and desktop.
Good to know: locked your self out of your Google account? Discover out the subsequent steps to recovering it.
Signal Out of Google on Your Desktop Browser
You may keep “At all times related” to Google in your pc by means of your browser. To signal out of Google, it’s essential to open a Google service by means of your browser. Whether or not from a Home windows PC or Mac, the method is similar.
- Go to the Google webpage in your browser and press on the profile image on the top-right nook. Choose “Signal out.”
- In case you’re logged in with a number of Google accounts, you may signal out of all of them without delay. Click on the profile image and choose “Signal out of all accounts.”
- Alternatively, you may undergo Gmail (or every other Google service, akin to YouTube. As earlier than, click on your profile icon on the top-right nook, then click on “Signal out” or “Signal out of all accounts.”
- That’s it. You’re now signed out of Google in your browser, and also you’ll discover that once you attempt to open different companies, like Google Drive, Google Docs, or YouTube, you’ll must register once more. In case you’re trying to learn to delete recordsdata on Google Drive, we might help.
Tip: try these YouTube options for one thing a bit of completely different.
Signal Out of Your Google Account on an Android Cellphone
Though your Google account has been tied to your Android cellphone because the starting, you should still need to know how one can log off. Simply comply with the steps under.
- Open the Settings app in your Android cellphone.
- Navigate to “Passwords & accounts.” On some Android cellphone fashions, you might have to search for “Accounts.”
- Scroll down till you discover the Google account you need to signal out of and faucet on it.
- Faucet the “Take away account” button on the underside of the display screen. It’ll warn you that this can delete messages, contacts, and different knowledge from the cellphone. Don’t fear, as you may at all times get these again, must you register once more.
- Click on “Take away Account” once more, and also you’re accomplished!
- You’ll be signed out of your Google account within the apps the place you used this account to log in. Observe that you simply gained’t have the ability to use apps such because the Google Play Retailer with out a Google account. If you wish to transfer away from the Play Retailer, you may uninstall the app.
- Sadly, there’s no “Signal out of all accounts” possibility right here, so if you wish to signal out of one other account, you’ll want to return to the “Passwords & accounts” web page, choose one other account, then press on its “Take away Account” button.
- You gained’t have the ability to signal out of your Google account on Android by way of the Google, Gmail, or Chrome app.
Observe: whereas there’s no Recycle bin on Android, you may nonetheless empty the trash in your cellular system.
Signal Out of Your Google Account on an iPhone
In case you’ve logged in along with your Google account on an iOS system, comply with the steps under to signal out of it.
- Open Safari in your iPhone or iPad.
- Faucet in your profile image within the upper-right nook.
- Choose “Signal out.”
- You may log off from Gmail as nicely by tapping in your profile image within the higher proper.
- Choose “Handle accounts on this system.”
- Flip the toggle subsequent to your account to Off to signal out.
- Alternatively, you may take away the account from there.
- An alternative choice is to undergo Chrome for iOS by tapping in your profile image.
- Faucet in your account on the high.
- Press on the “Signal Out” button.
- Curiously, it’s unattainable to signal out of your Google account by way of the Google app on iOS. As well as, signing out of Chrome gained’t mechanically signal you out of Gmail or different Google apps.
Good to Know: want to vary your Apple ID and password? Learn the way to take action.
Signal Out of Your Google Account Remotely
In case your cellphone’s been stolen or when you’re involved that you simply’re nonetheless signed in on outdated or non permanent gadgets, you may log off of your account remotely by following the steps under.
- Go to the myaccount.google.com web page in your browser, both on PC or cellular.
- Choose “Safety” from the menu on the left.
- Navigate to the “Your gadgets” card and click on “Handle all gadgets” to view your full record of lively classes.
- Click on on the system you need to log off of.
- Click on the “Signal out” button.
- There is no such thing as a choice to log off of all of your classes without delay. If you wish to log off of your Google account on one other system, you’ll want to return to the “Handle all gadgets” web page and choose the subsequent system.
Tip: ship your emails to a different inbox with out breaking a sweat by establishing automated forwarding in Gmail.
Steadily Requested Questions
Can I signal out of a singular Google account whereas leaving others as they’re?
Sadly, this feature isn’t accessible on PC by way of your net browser. You may solely use the “Signal out of all accounts” possibility, then go for which accounts you need to take away. When you’ve deleted the one you don’t need to use, you may signal again in to all of your different lively Google accounts. Signing out of a person account is feasible on cellular. Open a Google service, faucet in your profile image, and choose “Handle accounts on this system.” Choose the account you need to signal out of, and also you’ll be taken to the “Passwords & Accounts” web page, the place you may take away the account.
How can I add one other Google account?
It’s easy. Simply open Google or Gmail in your desktop browser or cellular apps. Click on in your present Google account’s profile image, then “Add one other account.” Add the e-mail handle and password, and the brand new account can be added to the record of your Google accounts.
Picture credit score: Unsplash. All screenshots by Alexandra Arici