In relation to putting in an working system from scratch, customers have the choice to burn it onto a flash drive, then boot into it to start the set up. Nevertheless, if you happen to determine to put in a distinct OS, it’s essential to format the drive, then burn a brand new one. This course of will be tedious, to not point out time-wasting. However if you happen to use Ventoy, an open-source resolution, you may immediately entry a number of installations, even with out burning or extracting them.
Good to know: have to verify whether or not a USB drive is bootable in Home windows? We present you ways.
Learn how to Create a Multi-Set up Flash Drive on Home windows
First, you have to to amass the ISO recordsdata for the working methods you need to boot. You may obtain the ISO recordsdata from the official vendor web site. For instance, you may obtain the Home windows 11 ISO file from Microsoft and the Ubuntu ISO file from Ubuntu’s web site.
Notice: Ventoy helps WIM, IMG, VHD(x), and EFI recordsdata, too – not simply ISOs.
- Obtain Ventoy’s newest launch from its GitHub web page. Ensure that to pick out the Home windows set up.
- Extract the ZIP file and launch Ventoy from the “Ventoy2Disk.exe” file. Ventoy doesn’t want set up, because it’s a conveyable app.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your gadget. Its title will seem within the Ventoy window.
- Choose it and click on “Set up.” Be sure you don’t select one other flash drive by mistake.
- A affirmation window will inform you that Ventoy will format the USB flash drive.
- The set up of the Ventoy software program on the flash drive will start and may take a couple of minute.
- As soon as the set up is finalized, the flash drive can be renamed to “Ventoy.” At this level, copy your ISOs to the flash drive. You may copy as many as you want to in case your flash drive has sufficient capability.
Tip: you need to use Command Immediate to create a Home windows USB Installer. We display how in our information.
- Now that your multi-OS flash drive is able to work, restart your PC to entry the boot menu. Rapidly hit your hardware-specific button earlier than the Home windows brand seems to entry the boot supervisor. If in case you have a Lenovo, Dell, or Toshiba gadget, it is advisable to press F12. For HP it’s F9, for Asus Del, and for Acer F2.
- After accessing the boot menu, you’ll see the choice as well into the flash drive with Ventoy. Choose it and press Enter.
- A Ventoy display ought to seem. Proceed to put in any of the listed ISOs by navigating to them utilizing the arrow buttons and urgent Enter.
Tip: discover ways to set up and use Chrome OS Flex in your Home windows PC if you would like some selection.
Learn how to Lock Ventoy Recordsdata with a Password
You may lock your Ventoy flash drive with a password. This may forestall unauthorized customers from accessing your recordsdata with out permission and putting in a brand new OS in your PC.
- Launch the “VentoyPlugson.exe” file from the Ventoy folder.
- Navigate to “Password Plugin.”
- You’ll see totally different choices so as to add passwords in Ventoy. As an illustration, you may lock the boot course of till the consumer gives a password. You may as well set a password for putting in ISO, IMG, and different varieties of recordsdata.
- So as to add a password, click on the “Edit” button, then select a password. A “TXT” password needs to be sufficient. Then, click on “OK.”
- Booting into Ventoy would require the password you arrange.
Tip: having hassle discovering your downloaded recordsdata in your Android gadget? Discover ways to find them.
Learn how to Create a Multi-Set up Flash Drive on Android
A multi-installation flash drive will be constructed utilizing an Android units as properly. This methodology will be useful in case your pc is just not accessible as a result of system failure. It can be helpful if you happen to’ve simply bought a brand new PC or laptop computer.
- Obtain the ISO file in your Android gadget utilizing your cellular browser. On this instance, we’re downloading Home windows 11.
- Obtain the free Ventoy app from the Google Play Retailer.
- Open the app and insert the USB drive into your Android telephone’s charging port. If in case you have a Sort-C port and a Sort-C USB drive, you may seamlessly join them. Nevertheless, you’ll want a USB-C to USB adapter (or OTG cable) in case you have a daily USB-A flash drive or your Android gadget is utilizing a micro USB port. When you join the flash drive, the app would require entry to it.
- When you enable entry, an “Set up” button will seem. This button installs the Ventoy software program, not the ISO. Click on on it and comply with the affirmation.
- Faucet the “Recordsdata” icon, then the “+” to find your downloaded ISO file.
- Ventoy will copy the ISO to the flash drive, and after that, you may insert it into your PC and boot into it. It’s value noting that identical to the PC methodology, you may add as many ISOs as you want to.
FYI: would you wish to run Android apps on Home windows? Discover ways to do it.
Often Requested Questions
How do I take away Ventoy from a USB drive?
The suitable method to take away Ventoy out of your USB drive is by launching the Ventoy2Disk app, clicking “Possibility” on the highest bar, then choosing “Clear Ventoy.”
Can I exploit totally different themes for Ventoy?
The reply is sure. To take action, you’ll have to undergo VentoyPlugson. When you’ve launched it, click on “Theme plugin” on the left and obtain your most popular theme from the checklist. You’ll want to maneuver the theme folder to the Ventoy USB drive and add the trail to the “theme.txt” file again into VentoyPlugson.
What’s the distinction between Ventoy and Rufus?
With Ventoy, you may create a multi-installation USB drive utilizing the actually easy and easy-to-understand interface. In distinction, Rufus lets you create a bootable flash drive that incorporates just one OS. Notice that it is perhaps a bit tougher for freshmen to make use of, so flick through our detailed information on the best way to get began.
MBR vs GPT: which must you select?
Based mostly in your firmware interface (UEFI or BIOS), you may select between MBR and GPT when creating your bootable flash drive. You are able to do this from inside Ventoy by going to “Possibility -> Partition fashion.”
Examine whether or not your PC makes use of UEFI or BIOS by opening Run (Win + R) and typing
msinfo32, then verify the “BIOS Mode” part. In case your gadget is out of attain, search on-line to your motherboard mannequin quantity (PC) or gadget mannequin quantity (laptop computer).
Picture credit score: Flaticon & Pexels. All screenshots by Mustafa Ashour.